Can't stop to dream. Happiness depends upon ourselves.

Thursday, January 19, 2012



Hahaha, she asked me about the potatoes I gave away to Julian tonight. Okay, well so I got rid of ALL the perishables in our house before I left for the holidays. So I gave the potatoes away because I didn't want them to have the chance to spoil. When I came back I realized that they could have probably lasted for a while, so I googled it, and I got mixed answers that mostly pointed to them lasting for 3 months - yikes. I had thought of getting another bag to replace them, for Marena when she would return, but that would have been out of fear of her reaction. And I did not know on their freshness expectancy, so I believed to be ignorant, and therefore innocent. Plus I didn't want to pay for a new bag of potatoes because it seemed irrational as then it would substantiate if she thought that I shouldn't have thrown another food item from the fridge out - like her beans or something. Just hypothetical fears were conjuring up in my head.

So any whoo, she called to me when I came home tonight and brought up the potato question of their location. Yes I threw them out, and no she doesn't want me to buy her any more. She wanted to make fries, but the grocery is across the street. I mean, I know what I did, and I hear her complaints of her incapability to indulge in fries tonight, but I don't want to hear her blabber for a long time about these potatoes.

But so it was relieving because I could not segue into me letting her know it bugs me when she wants attention by taking credit for my work. Later on she came to me and clarified that she did not want me to buy the potatoes, (good), and then we broke into conversation about weed and anxiety and her brother and her back and her friend. Then it died, as it always does, and I introduced my topic of conditioning for the night. She knew that interrupting my teacher giving praise to my fucking awesome assignment with, "I HELPED HER PICK THEM OUT!" with no praise and attention given, just silence, she knew what she had done. Zomg, Lorraine's expression became so diluted. It was as if a fly flew and bumped and right against your cheek, expect instead of laughing as a reaction, you just looked at your initial focus of attention and communicate, "well that was strange."

But I had a good day. Because I woke up, and sorta cleared the floor of my room. I took out the recycling and organics waste. I did the dishes 3 times. I had soaked chickpeas for the day, and just now completed my salad, (keeping some aside to make some delicious fucking hummous though!). And did some sketchbook drawings, which from what I understand to be as done incorrectly. And also managed to sew up one of my favourite black pants, from my sewing-to-do box. And watered my plants and shit.

I didn't fold my laundry though, but all the better to keep me warm at night.

Anyways, I hope your day is satisfactory.